Saturday, June 29, 2013

The dumb smart phone

When I last was offered an upgrade from the evil and incompetent company Verizon Wireless, I was interested in testing out the Galaxy S3. I do not remember what attracted me to the Galaxy, maybe a cute advertising campaign, maybe the larger screen. At this point it does not matter. I bought the hype and took the offer. I think I gave the Galaxy plenty of time to seduce me and after a few months I was in search of any way I could find to dump the useless phone.
Why? I have been spoiled by Apple, I will admit it. My first Apple phone was the original Iphone and while I have not updated when every version of the Iphone has been delivered to the marketplace, I had often enjoyed the seamless communication with the Apple and all my other devices. With the Galaxy, nothing was easy. It was like dating a foreign language speaking Zombie.
So after weeks of complete frustration with the idiots and morons who work the Verizon phone answering system, I found a local person willing to trade. Almost immediately after returning to Apple I realized the screen is much smaller on the Iphone, but the larger screen on the Galaxy did not make it work smart. The Iphone is a much better product and will remain so because Samsung and the others are an awful lot like Microsoft, designing products that do not make anything easier, but instead, make you work as some sort of electronic engineer, trying time and again to figure out aps and aspects of the phone that are way to complicated for someone who wants a smartphone to just be smart.
Is Apple perfect? Not by a longshot, but it is beter.

No comments:

Post a Comment