Tuesday, October 16, 2012

I heart NY

Many years ago I was busy while sitting in the back of a cab in New York City and when I paid the fare, I accidentally left my cash filled wallet in the back seat. Of course I lost my mind and cried like a baby, which was appropriate.

A week or so later I received a small package in the mail, my wallet. All the cards, drivers license and cash were still there. The good people of New York hardly ever let you down.

Years later my beautiful daughter was also in a cab in New York City and she, being so much smarter than her suspected father, did not lose her wallet or purse or whatever it is women carry god knows what in, no she lost he super expensive cell phone.

Flash forward a week and a stranger send her some sort of electronic message via something called FacingBook or some such, asking in no uncertain words, "hey hot stuff, want you phone back?"

See? New York City is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment