Saturday, October 27, 2012

Ohio bound

For a week now the good folks with the Ohio Obama campaign have been calling me asking desperately if I would like to come to Ohio and help out. How can things like this happen? Well, I did volunteer for the convention, so they have my name and phone number. Strange thing, because I also volunteered for the republican convention, but Mitt and his gang of dopey morons have yet to call and ask if I would be willing to help out.
Either way, my partner and I are off to Ohio this week to knock on doors and convince the lonely and inept to get out of their homes and vote for the current president. If they bother to ask me why, I will tell them I really don't know, although I did walk around the grounds of the White House last week and was real impressed with the garden the First Lady has had planted. A beautiful garden she has going and I imagine a Romney garden would not be so pretty.
I doubt stupid undecided voters in Ohio care much about gardens. In fact, if anyone is really undecided at this point, they would either be brain damaged, dead, or just so flat out stupid they should not be voting anyhow.
Either way, I will knock on doors and ask if they is anything I can do to help them get to the polls and vote. I do have some experience with this sort of thing. When I first moved to Seattle I took a job working for the George H. Bush campaign, which is the good Bush, not the evil two term Bush that everyone seems to hate, but his father, the silly older Bush that every seems to forget. I worked all sorts of slacker type jobs for the Puget Sound Bush campaign and it paid well at the time and one of the long running jokes was how Bush would win because we were all getting paid for our menial work and door knocking silliness while those poor democrats just had volunteers doing the grunt work. So now, here it is, some 22 years later, or something like that, and I am a volunteer for a democratic president, doing basically the same song and dance I did for elder Bush so many years ago.
The funny thing is, the Romney campaign is in such shambles that they do not have the on the ground operation to have people calling me and begging me and my partner to come to Ohio and help. Not that we would, Romney is a halloween horror show that is scary to adults and children alike.
See you in Ohio.

No comments:

Post a Comment