Friday, July 9, 2010

Mell Gibson meet Sarah Palin

I once had a very dear friend, who was going through a divorce, and when I proclaimed my astonishment, she confided in me that her soon to be ex-husband was very abusive, behind closed doors. She said, "we never know how people are when others do not see their actions."

This has stuck with me for many many years. When I was going through a divorce sometime later, I would use the same term, although not because of some sort of abuse. It is just that we all experience all the sides of a person when we spend enough time with them, and sometimes those hidden sides should have remained hidden.

Case in point, Mel Gibson, former actor, former Australian, still crazy christian. His former girlfriend recorded one of his various rants and it is beyond scary. Every couple has disagreements, Mel, well known for his hatred of Jews, now seems to hate everything from breasts, tight pants and black people. Here is what Radar has posted. "The conversation begins with Gibson ordering his girlfriend to "fucking get rid of" the "foreign bodies" in her breasts. Then he rambles about her wearing "tight pants so you can see your fucking pussy." He calls her a whore and tells her he doesn't love her. "Stay in the fucking house," he yells. "But I don't want you anymore." And, to the steel-stomached few who got through the entire recording: Is it just me, or does the infamous "fucking pig in heat" line sound more like "fucking bitch in heat".

So, it does not shock me. People, many people, have some sort of hate in their heart, that they hide behind and keep hidden from most people, until it spills out in awkward and uncomfortable times.

But please, try not to feel sorry for Mel for being secretly recorded. We were warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment