Tuesday, July 6, 2010

oh my god

It is very hot here, all the time. I am writing this at 10:30 at night and it is about a million degrees and my skin has melted, that is right, bone on keyboard.

I watched this incredibly large woman in a motorized wheelchair moving down the road, she stopped and pulled up to a curb, and then she stood and walked to a house, opened the door and waddled in. She was so large her breasts had become her stomach, large. But she walked, thank the good lord sweet jesus.

I am not sure what it is about heat, but it slows everything down, our movements, our thinking, the very act of trying to cool off starts in slow motion and only gets worse. My second shower of the day was warm, the water washed sweat and dust off me, then I slowly turned the hot water off, until I was in a very cold shower. It felt so good I did not want to leave. When I did, I immediately was hot again.

It is too hot to write, with a hot laptop on my naked legs.

Hot as hell, and the plan is to keep it this way for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment