Saturday, July 24, 2010

Philadelphia

I just spent a week in Philadelphia. I have spent plenty of time in this city and I almost always like it. Great food, great downtown hotels and some amazingly beautiful people. Here is how you can judge a great big city, how many languages you hear from the beautiful people you pass in the street.

In my city, Pittsburgh, you generally hear two languages, American English and Pittsburgh slang, instead of the football team called the Steelers, people from Pittsburgh say "Stillers". Go figure.

Anyway, while there was some nightmare possibilities in Philly, checking in after midnight and having the hotel lose my reservation, the entire experience was close to amazing. I sat in a room with the man with the round face. Imagine this, an audition for the human version of the mooon, and this guy would get cast. Incredibly round face, with just the tiniest of brains.

I met a very smart lawyer from the midwest. I am generally not a fan of people from the midwest because they are often kind of insecure about being from the midwest. You can only experience fly-over status for so long without getting all bent out of shape regarding you self esteem. This guy was above that, just smart, funny and incredibly professional.

What is really great about Philadelphia is that it is an honest to god city in America. There really are not many, New York, Chicago and Philadelphia are on my list. The West Coast has San Francisco, and that is really kind of a boring city in terms of culture and just plain city life.

Oh, before I get back to sweating in the humidity that is my life, I should say I am sorry about the lack of posts. I have been guest blogging and focused on that and editing two films. Plus, I am focused on this new job, which I think I am accepting today. That and there was a storm of evil that hit like a hurricane and faded almost as quickly. Busy week, but back at home, back with my lesbian dog and her even tempered lover Moma Kitty.

More when I get done sweating.

No comments:

Post a Comment