Wednesday, December 15, 2010

More from the email bad

First, quit complaining about the briefcase post, I did that for money. You have a problem with that? Jesus, someone finally offers me cold hard cash to sell out and I am supposed to be the lone American with some sort of moral compass? You were in a coma for the Bush administration?

So I got a couple of emails about that and I did not respond, because I do not have to justify my greed, or something like that.

Then I got an email that said something to the effect that I was a bitter old turd. So, for the record, I am not sure what turd means in that sort of insult, but I do know the meaning of bitter and old. I am, of course, neither. I spend all my therapy time figuring out ways to avoid being cynical, so I am far from bitter. That said, as a 28 year old, i do feel a bit old, but I cycle, I have a dog that forgives me and a daughter who refers to me as a bitter old turd.

Wait a minute.

Finally, I am coming up on a life changing anniversary and I am re-posting a short film in January about a woman I loved. I never celebrate anniversaries, I did not when I had a marriage anniversary thing, I forget what they are called, but I do not think I ever celebrated. I forgot when my birthday is, so I do no celebrate that, although I am fairly sure I am 28, or so. No, calendars mean very little to me, as to some sort of "special" day.

But in January, a few things happened a while ago, and this year is one of those years I think it is time to reflect. And reflect I shall accomplish.

All that said, I like getting email. I do. I am not big on critical email. but if you want to email me and say something critical, I can take it. I have a shield of armor and a maxium condom I wear when I read emails. Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment