Friday, April 30, 2010

God morning Pope

There are few crimes worse than sex with kids, let me think for a second, OK, let me amend that, there are no crimes worse than sexually abusing children. There, I said it. One would think that someone like the Pope would understand this.

As I am sure anyone who reads this blog, or reads anything, already knows, the Pope has been accused of turning a deaf ear to a huge ugly sex scandal involving celibate priests. I know, something serious is going down when celibate anything is having sex. I mean, come on, the very meaning of celibate is, well, no sex.

I was celibate for a few weeks in the 80's. It was hell. So I have an acute understanding of the pain and humiliation that priests must go through on a yearly basis. But then again, they made the lifestyle choice, I did not.

So, in short, here is the scandal. Priests, at least some of them, like to have sex with young boys. The Pope, back when he was still in the religious minor leagues, did not punish a priest who was sexing up young boys. There is the scandal. Sex, boys, priests and a blind pre-pope.

Again, like many sex scandals in this world, the right thing is obvious. The Pope should resign and admit he is scummy and disappear. I am not sure where disgraced popes go to hide their shame, hopefully somewhere far from young boys. Like politicians in America, the Pope will feel it is the right of him and his friends to do what they must because they have some sort of blessing. Now, I would imagine that God and Jesus are watching the news on a big screen somewhere in heaven and hopefully they are drinking a shit load of wine and are buzzed, because if they are watching the Pope dance around a priest on boy sex scandal without just coming out, admitting fault and walking away in shame, then my guess is the pope will not be visiting Jesus or God anytime soon.

Until then, let's all sing along.

No comments:

Post a Comment