Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Questions answered

Every now and then I get an email, or a phone call, asking me some sort of question related to something on this blog. Every now and then I answer them.

Yesterday a friend of mine called, a friend who, over the past 10 years or so, has put on a fairly decent amount of weight. He called to ask if he was the fat friend I had written about. I find it weird that I have a few friends who consider themselves fat.

Question 1- (via phone) so am I your "fat friend"?

no.

Question B - Why so many videos posted instead of words.

Lazy.

Question 5 - Are cell phones killing off bees?

Yes.

Question - Married? Seriously?

Yes.

Question (final) - Which is better, the Pirates or the Mariners?

I keep telling people that Pittsburgh reminds me a lot of Seattle, the Seattle that was around when I first moved there. First, my wife and I purchased our first home for something like 45 thousand dollars. Second, when you take the ferry into Seattle, the city can sometimes magically appear our of the fog, or just leaving the dock at night, the city can seem almost alive. When you take the tunnel into Pittsburgh and you are dumped out into downtown, it can be inspiring and beautiful. What was the question? Oh, well, again, when I first moved to Seattle the Mariners played indoors, and the sucked. They may have sucked more, I am just not sure what the term is. We could always get free tickets to games, always. I had a loft near the stadium and for every game some Boeing employee would be standing on the street corner, giving away tickets that no one wanted.

Pittsburghs baseball team is as bad, possibly worse, than those Mariners. Here is the great news, the Mariners got lucky with some players, had some winning seasons and the city embraced the team, and a new stadium was built. The Pirates already have a great new stadium, right down town. Nothing better than an afternoon game, cheap seats, a cold beer and a view of a city.

No comments:

Post a Comment