Friday, May 14, 2010

The fat family

Yes, I have to write about you. Usually, I miss out on the fast food restaurant scene, but today I had to work a million miles away, which means i had to wake up terribly early, drive a long distance, set up a camera and microphone, sit quietly, pack everything up, drive a huge amount of miles and realize around 3:30 that I had nothing to eat all day.

The first place I saw was a burger making place, a chain. I knew it was bad, the food is terrible, all factory created, nothing is healthy in those places. The choice of drink is sugar and colored chemicals and chemicals with other coloring. I ordered chicken, but I knew it was not going to be good chicken, so tortured chicken that never saw light or walked on its chicken feet.

Such is the choice all find ourselves out on the highways. Here is what finally pushed me over the edge. Two families, both obese parents with loud obnoxious children, out of control children, being raised by hugely fat parents, obviously they have control issues of their own. As this one child at a nearby table kept screaming, I said to myself, do the parents just no longer hear that outrageous screaming? The father was quickly shoveling massive amounts of french fries into his piggy mouth. His wife, I think it was his wife, equally large and equally talented at stuffing her mouth, seemed to not notice that their child would take a sip of its toxic drink and blurt out nonsense.

Another family, on the other side, had the same lifestyle going. Incredibly fat parents, without a need to pay a tiny bit of attention to their screaming out of control child. It was like stereo white trash, tormenting me with both their wide open mouth eating style and children who seemed to relish the concept of disturbing the peace. I did mention this happened after 3 PM, yes?

When I see scenes like this, and I see them in many places on almost a daily basis, I wonder many things. First, maybe my father was correct in the use of a belt to beat us into submission. We were not allowed to act like that in private, much less public. I can not imagine how sore my butt would have been had I screamed in a restaurant. I know, child abuse is a terrible thing, but that pendulum swings both ways. In an effort to never discipline a child, we not have out of control children being raised by parents who do not seem to care.

Who eats like that? Mouth open with a full mouth of french fries, a sip of drink and some burger? My lord, were you in a hurry? Pig people amaze me. They seem to have no sense of shame, either in appearance or attitude. Sloppy slobs with the clothing choices only Wal-Mart can supply. I wonder if manufacturers stopped making XXL sizes, would that help these people push way from the dish a little more often? It really seems that the passion in these peoples lives are food, cheap, unhealthy, disgusting food. They do not seem driven by career, or love, or sexual appetites, instead, they eat fast food like a starving pig at a trough.

Is this really where our society is headed?

No comments:

Post a Comment