Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Yo BP

There are a number of things in this world that I just do not understand. Today, I do not understand how the people who cause a complete environmental mess are somehow responsible and trusted to clean it up.

Seriously? Because this never happens to me after a fatal car crash. Last week I was drunkenly driving on the highway, police estimate I was doing 100 million miles an hour, and I hit a bus full of new born babies. Sadly, they all died, but lucky for me, the highway patrol cut me a deal, if I clean up the mess, no charges. So I spent a few minutes looking like I was cleaning things up, until the police got bored and left. Then, once they were gone, I left too. Job done.

BP is using my logic to deal with the worst oil spill in US history. What is terrible is the federal government is doing hardly anything. The insane tea party people are always fighting that government has no purpose and is a waste of money. Here is a decent purpose for government, push BP out of the way and let the EPA and Navy and any other federal government employee fix the leak in the Gulf. I mean, come on, it's over a month now and nothing has really changed.

Mr. President, if you do not want the same fate as George Bush, stop doing all the things he did. Torture continues, 2 wars continue, no real government oversight of the financial institutions continue and when tragedy strikes the Gulf Coast, it takes a month for your to realize that maybe Brownie isn't doing such a great job.

No comments:

Post a Comment