Sunday, May 9, 2010

Two videos

OK, so these are not mothers day posts, but I don't really believe in mothers day. Well, I am not a fool, I get that there is a candy and flower massive lobbying effort to honor mothers, but I have no mother and the majority of mothers I know would appreciate a day or two per week of honor, not once a year.

Speaking of bad mothers, I think about those mothers who are not really mothers, fathers too. Who are these people who haphazardly made the choice to have children and then warehouse them in day cares and never have serious bonding time and love time. Imagine having your car tuned up by a minimum wage worker. I doubt anyone with a decent car would do it. How about going to a fine restaurant and asking what experience the chef has, only to find that this is his third job for the week and he has never cooked before, but he is working for minimum wage and hopes to get back into college.

Scary? Who do you think is taking care of those babies in daycares? I know. I am frightened too. So, the mothers celebrating this day, I hope you spend all the time possible with those babies you just had to have.

I know some wonderful mothers. I do. I call them for advice. Sometimes. They work to stay in contact with their growing children. They have always been connected and loving to their children. I like these women, they are good mothers, good people. I also know their opposites. Mothers who have no connection, have never connected on an emotional level with anyone, who float through life as if there will never be a consequence to any action.

Me? I keep faith. I fight the concept of cynicism and almost every day I realize I am blessed to be alive and to have children who I adore and love. Anything else always seems like sugar. So, for mothers and fathers and children and pets, I stumbled across my favorite singer of all time and thought I should share this song.

Mother of mine, if somehow you are still connected to this world, stand up, shake your booty and smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment