Thursday, September 29, 2011

The war on Wall Street


Sometimes I got to this website HERE and I watch the live feed and read the tweets and pay a slight bit of attention, because I still have hope that there can be change. Not the change that was sold like bad cheeseburgers during the 2008 election and mocked by the disturbed and insane republicans during the election of 2010.

Much like what the protesters must have felt in Egypt earlier this year, I am not sure what the final process will look like, but what I know is what we have now is not working for the majority of the population. How does this change? I have no clue, but like these Americans in the park near Wall Street, something substantial has to change.

The is an online report in Crain's that says organized labor will be joining the protests next week with a massive march planned for Wednesday. Imagine what would happen if the people truly impacted by the stupid and greedy decisions made over the past 20 years by the bankers on Wall Street actually showed up and marched and demanded some sort of justice and some sort of dramatic change. Then imagine if a candidate for a major public office actually showed up and supported the mandate of the middle class people.

Interesting enough, a couple of years ago I met an 80 year old woman who was protesting the excesses of Wall Street and she invited me up to her soon to be foreclosed upon apartment that sits above Wall Street and just a few hundred yards from the World Trade Center site. Below is the short film of her and I think her words remain as important and powerful today as they were a couple of years ago.

2 comments:

  1. She is beautiful and heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chick on top is hot. I might go to the protests today just to hit on her.

    ReplyDelete