Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Doing that ancient dance

I was in Whole foods this morning, smirking at the elites and their Volvo driving children when I spied a beautiful woman. I sidled up to her in the fresh fish section, which was ironic because I would soon learn that she was a devout vegetarian, as am I. Her name is Racht Mahworlt, she is Indonesian with Himalayan desent. I know, it was confusing to me, and I was surrounded by an audience of imported dead fish.

We did this ancient dance, Racht and I. Even though I am currently married, as is she, we both had this twinkle in our eyes and we shared non-gluten recipes for Maimie Waffles. Have I told you about Maimies?

It’s in the book, Mannequins and Idiots, available on Amazon.Com. Maimes were the waffles I would have as a young boy. We called them Maimies because our summer neighbor would bring us fresh maple syrup that we would put on our waffles, thus making them Maimies. Our summer neighbor, I would learn when I got older, had once been the First Lady of the United States of America.

Anyway Racht and I were making our way through Whole Foods when I asked her what is essentially a sexual question, but in Whole Foods, on a cold Winters day, it could be taken in a variety of ways. I said, “is there anyway you’d be interested in getting a coffee?”

She smiled at me like it was something she herself had invented and should patent. It was beautiful and she leaned into me and said, “why are you so tanned?”

“Oh,” I said, forgetting, “a couple of days ago I found myself on the beach in Hawaii, accidentally smoking medical marijuana with the President of the United States.” It’s all in the book, Mannequins and Idiots, available at Amazon.Com.

“What book?”

“Seriously Racht, the coffee, yes or no.”

She walked away, and I have to say, while I enjoyed talking to her, it was nice watching her walk away.

No comments:

Post a Comment