Thursday, October 28, 2010

Elevator magic

So, I was walking down the hall this morning, heading to the elevator in our office building, and all I could smell was some sort of perfume that was intoxicating. I turn the corner to the elevator and there, standing, waiting is a beautiful, young woman, emitting the scent of the gods.

Usually, in my quest for fun interactions on elevators, I try and start a conversation, but this morning, I withheld. See, beautiful women bet talked to way more than necessary. In my life, I have a long term study on beautiful women and some of the results I have found are, well, shocking.

The vast majority of women in the super beautiful category are, get this, boring morons. I know, when I first discovered this, I was shocked too.

It probably all goes back to childhood. Most kids have to go out of their way to get noticed, but teachers, parents and friends. Some do all sorts of stunts just to get a little attention. Except the beautiful kids, they get noticed for doing nothing more than entering a room. From a very early age these kids, genetic freaks really, think that just by showing up, they are doing the world a favor.

Which is kind of cute for a while, but as they age, they keep expecting the world to embrace them with open arms and as we all get a little wiser, we realize that just because someone is sort of beautiful, hot, sexy, whatever - they can also be dramatic, insane and liars.

So I did not take pity on the beauty at the elevator this morning. I paid her no attention at all. In fact, I kind of laughed when she got on the elevator going up and immediately she pushed the button to go down. I smiled, looked at her, she got all excited like I might say something, because as a beautiful woman, she expects all men to say something, and I looked at my cellphone and forgot she was in the elevator with me.

She sure did smell good though.

No comments:

Post a Comment