Sunday, October 31, 2010

My gift to China

This morning my oldest daughter got on a plane on her way to China. That's right, China. That China. The real China. No fake General Tso bullshit, China china.

I have been thinking about this all day. First, this is a daughter who can handle herself on the world stage. My fear is that she will cause some sort of international incident while traveling. I have her my advice, which is generally, meet a super model on the plane and stay in your hotel room. This has worked for me in the past and I figure it is a decent way to see the world.

I asked her to guest blog while in China, but she refused. I asked her to clean her room too, same answer.

If there is an update, I will post it, but in the meantime, one of the worst parts of being a hands on parent is the day when your children become functioning adults. This may not be the case with this particular daughter, but the day is on the horizon and that is both great news and kind of sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment