Monday, October 18, 2010

Winter is here

That is totally not true. It is another beautiful, sunny day in Pittsburgh. In my dream winter was here.

A strange dream too. In it I was sleeping, much like I was actually doing when I had the dream, so it was a multi-layered dream in so much as I was sleeping and dreaming and dreaming of sleeping, if you can catch my drift. Then, in my dreams dream, I could hear my mother screaming, so I got up, in my dream to see why my mother was screaming, and she was standing next to a window screaming at something outside of the window.

Now, if you knew my mother, who is no longer with any of us, you would know that screaming at windows was not out of character.

In my dream I ran up to her to find out what she was screaming at, and I looked out the window. There was a snow plow, plowing snow and hitting a car. My mother was screaming at either the snow plow, or the car, not quite sure.

We never had snow when I was a kid, because I grew up in Southern California, and the only snow that existed was being snorted by rock stars and bank presidents. So, in the dream, snow on our childhood street would have been, well, dreamy. It would also have sent my mother into a hissy fit, thus the dream.

What does it all mean? No clue.

But, I have to say, its been almost 5 years since my mother passed away and it was nice to see her, even in a dream. Which is to say, even in a dream she was loud, screaming and mad at something completely out of her control. Yes, by god, I do miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment