Friday, October 8, 2010

Getting better

When ever I am in bed and out of control, I like to look at people who have a better outlook than I do.

There has been a rash of teens killing themselves, gay teens, who are being bullied and harassed at schools around the country. First, something I told my children when they were younger. Bullies are fucked up. It's true, well, I may not have used those words, but bullies are damaged people who are taking their self hatred out on others, rather than doing the internal work to make themselves better.

See, even with young people, some are just nutty, or come from terrible families and they take that out on innocent and weaker people. Bullies have an amazing ability to spot weakness and prey on it. Thus you have young gay people getting bullied by idiots.

So, A Seattle writer has started this project "It Will Get better" or something like that, and people are posting short videos that show that you can survive the torture and torment and find a better life.

Here is my latest.

And maybe when I get better, I may make a video too.

No comments:

Post a Comment