Saturday, June 25, 2011

The dreaded phone call

I was drunk many years ago.

With a very queeny gay friend, as you can imagine. One thing led to another, I believe we were on a beach on Long Island and at some point, I said something to the effect that if it was legal, dude, I would marry you.

Last night the New York senate passed a law allowing same sex couples to marry.

Late last night my phone rang, but I was already sleeping.

A voice from a long ago past left me a message. Apparently when you make drunken promises as a college student, they are legally binding. So at some point, I am getting gay married in New York. Lucky for me, he is in a long term committed relationship, so he has to get out of that before we can tie the knot.

Still.

6 comments:

  1. Yeah, you're gay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CanI get an invite?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gays should marry, only so they too can experience the joy of divorce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so confused. Are you gay? I thought you had kids. Who writes this blog? Someone needs to sit the fuck down and do some serious explaining.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisping, prancing, pink wearing gay.

    ReplyDelete