Friday, August 6, 2010

Gay presidents

I got a call from my conservative stoner friend today, who could not wait to mock me, because "my" president does not support gay marriage, even though some gay federal judges do. He said more, much more, but it was boring.

It did get me to thinking. I believe the gay marriage issue is nothing more than an equal rights issue, plain and simple. If marriage if OK for some people, it is OK for everyone. If it is just a religious ceremony, then remove the 168 benefits people get once they get married. If it is a social contract, then every adult should be allowed to enter into it. If the government wants to be involved in marriage, then the government can not tell anyone who can or can not marry. Simple really.

Thank god we have a president who is crystal clear on the subject. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment