Monday, August 23, 2010

Strange things indeed

I just noticed something weird.

But first, I had a chance encounter with my friend Hippy Chick this past weekend. She is just happened to be around, as she ever since the Grateful Dead stopped touring. She is a one of a kind type of chick, all that free love, stoner brownies and all. I like her, mostly because she is uncomplicated. I like complex people, but I also like people who never have drama and Hippy Chick has drama, but she seems unable to notice it.

In fact, now that I think about it, I want to learn that technique. I always wanted to be able to be in teh midst of some drama storm and still just stand there, with a silly look on my face, unaware of the craziness that surrounds.

I will ask Hippy Chick her secret and share it.

Anyway, Hippy Chick had news. She was pitching a show for a TV network. Now, one thing you have to understand about Hippy Chick, she has no secret motivations and she never ever tries to impress. In fact, again, now that I think about it, there really is nothing impressive about TV, either pitching or making, so I should back off about the whole notion of being impressed. What I was most impressed with is that Hippy Chick was doing something with her life. See, part of the secret to her successful maneuvering through life without stress is her ability to not have any sort of career or long term goals. Again, I will check how she has managed, and see what I can find out.

Anyway, I asked her, seriously, how does one go about getting into a position of pitching a show for a TV network. Not surprisingly, she said, she met a network executive at a coffee shop. When you think about it, good things come from accidental meetings at coffee shops. I was once in the University District of Seattle, having a coffee while taking a break from some sort of injectable drugging at the University of Washington. I was enjoying the coffee and the bewilderment that came from toxic chemicals having been deployed into my system when this fellow sat down at my table. We talked, he looked at me and asked if I had ever been tested for Tourettes Syndrome. I answered that I had not, and he informed that I should, because he is a world renowned expert and he sees traits that would lead him to suggest, and right there, at that very moment I screamed out "fuck the Mona Lisa".

Hippy Chick has a sitcom planned about a family of lesbians, three generations of lesbians, who all live in a haunted house, a house haunted by the ghosts of Rock Hudson, Cary Grant and Gary Coleman. She did not tell me more, she was always talking about something else, possibly next seasons ski season, or a band she saw three weeks ago. The nice thing about Hippy Chick is if she is sharing a story and it is boring, hang on, because within seconds you will get a new story, and the problem with Hippy Chick is if she is sharing a story that is amazing, you will not get too much information, because within minutes she will change the subject, never to return.

Did I mention Hippy Chick is aging well? Without stress, with a life of chance encounters and a serene soul, people can reach 50 and beyond with few wrinkles, little body fat and a look of complete and utter nonchalance that is both intoxicating and infuriating at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment