Friday, May 25, 2012

That book thing

I had a conversation, because I recently told a friend that I have a detective novel for sale on Amazon. She said, can I get it for free. I said yes. Of course. You can get it for free. I gave her this link. Here. When she followed that link, she complained that the book was not free at all, but that it was 5.50 in American dollars, and different prices around the world.
I explained that at some point there would be some sort of promotion and it would be free for an entire day. That seemed to quiet her down. Then she asked what day would that be. I said never. That totally got her angry again, an anger I was unprepared for, but I always carry a fire extinguisher and a bag of candy.
I told her I was joking about the whole never comment. Someday, someday I said, it would be free. For one day? She asked me.
I said, yes, for an entire 24 hour period.
She ate some candy and tried to wash off the chemicals that were left behind from the fire extinguisher.
I said, you know, it would be a little cheaper to just pay the 5.50.
I did not hear what she said after that, it may have been thank you, or something like that. I hope it was thank you. People should say thank you more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment