Friday, June 25, 2010

Dearest readers

I was asked today to guest blog on an international dating site. Now, you may be asking yourself, what do I know about international dating, which would be a very stupid question, because, well, I have internationally dated quite a few times. In fact, depending on how you define success, I think I have successfully dated in more than, well, 10 countries.

I was going to pose a question to the readers of this blog, asking you, my dear bloggy types, what sort of blog post would be appropriate, fun, sexy or just blog worthy. Then again, I do get mail from some of the readers and judging from that, unless I was to focus on light bulb changing and killing rodents, the dating expertise would be limited, at best.

I will link to the blog post on the singles site when I am posted. In the meantime, check out their site, especially if you date, want to date, have dated or enjoy dates. They are here.

Here is an interesting development. I have a client who I have created quite a few films for over the past year or so, and recently she asked me if I could come up with something to submit to the Oprah Winfrey Network. Anyone who knows me would realize that I am not an Oprah person, nor do I watch my television, so even by accident I never really watch the big O. Apparently Oprah is starting an entire network of talking and cooking and complaining and all sorts of wonderful things that people will be able to tune into 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. My oh my.

Now, please understand, I really like the woman I have been creating films for. She is smart, beautiful, successful and she is all about healthy living. So we get along wonderfully and the short films I have done for her have been used on her site, as part of some email campaigns and on and on. Pat me on the back when you get a chance, you get the idea.

So I sat down and looked at some of the footage I had of her, thought about messages and talked with her about what sort of film she would like. I also researched the whole Oprah project and it seems that everyone and their brother was sending in films that basically show they can sit (or stand!) in front of a camera and talk. Quite honestly, I did not make it through a single film, which is kind of sad because they are required to be less than 3 minutes. Even someone like me, short attention span and all, should be able to sit through one of these gems.

There are literally thousands of short films on the site, some are interesting, or at least start out interesting, most are not.

Anyway, to get to the end of this story, it is Friday evening and I have been working and hustling and dancing on top of a roof for much of the day, so I am tired and my fingers are sore. The bottom line is the good doctors film is posted, and you may want to look it over, give her a vote if you see fit, check some others out (good luck with that) and get fascinated by the things people will do on the internet. The doctors film is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment