Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Good times for all, except Iran

Well, I just got a call from a photojournalist in New York, who is spending his cay trying to get some candid shots of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the tiny little Iranian leader who is both adorable and dangerous.

Now, this is unrelated to the Mosque protests in lower Manhattan that seem to be held on a daily basis, but to me, much of this is related. First, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, is the real deal, a dangerous nut job that happens to rule a country and is developing nuclear weapons. He is a serious danger to world safety. So, what do we do? Invite him to speak at the United Nations of course.

While on the phone to my friend the photographer I happened to ask him what was up with the Mosque protests. Now, keep in mind, this is a man who was down at Ground Zero minutes after the planes hit. He stayed there for days, documenting the rescue attempts and photographing some of the most scary and sad scenes I have ever seen. He also happened to have worked at Windows on the World and lost a number of close friends that day. When I asked about the Mosque protests, his response was clear and concise. Whenever he speaks to the protesters, they are white, from out of town and lost no one in the attacks. They are, in short, the tea bag nation.

Now, I am a big big supporter of teabagging. What I don't like is hypocrites and goody two shoes who stick their lilly white noses in everyone elses business. If this Delaware tea bag woman who is set to lose in her bid to become a senator shows anything, it is this, please don't pretend to know it all and be pure of heart when you have a past that is a complete opposite of what you are trying to project.

I could care less about Mosques or churches or any other building that houses religious people. I am all in favor of religious belief, just keep it to yourself. When those people show up at my door step and try to convert me, I make a point to answer the door naked and happy. That usually helps them focus on their message.

So, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, welcome to America, sin capital of the universe, happily in the midst of all sorts of big ugly public displays of strangeness and ineptitude, and a once great nation on the verge of destruction. Hold off on the nukes Mahmoud, we may just implode on our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment