Thursday, September 16, 2010

Travel thoughts

First, Hello Denver. Wow, talk about a beautiful place for beautiful people to be beautiful. I have been in a lot of airports and this airport had some serious European quotient of beauty. I walked around, my mouth open, saying, I think out loud, I want one of those, and one of those, and you two.

Good times on the tramac of life.

Also, I know a lot of people complain about air travel, but like much of our life, you really do get what you pay for. Other than cramped seating, the flights were professional, took off and landed close to on time and everything was swell. I still do the terrorist search, that is I use my own racial profiling mechanism and make sure I know who looks to be the type would try something stupid. Long ago, I made a promise to myself, I will not die at the hands of a terrorist who is trying to do something terror like.

I have a lot of great memories of Seattle. I fell in love a few times in Seattle and fell out of love an almost equal number of times. I rode bikes and crashed a number of times, sadly such a large enough number that I do not remember each one. I have wonderful and smart friends in Seattle. Today I had a Dicks burger in Seattle and it brought back a bunch of wonderful memories.

I am not sure exactly when I came to understand that Seattle and I needed to have a trial separation.

I am happy to have done it and I have no plans to move back, but for the first time since I quickly moved away, it is great to be back, it feels like returning to a home and a place of comfort.

That said, there is a deep sadness in Seattle that I did not expect. It is the same worry of economic troubles that has his the rest of the country and I just did not expect it in Seattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment