Saturday, September 18, 2010

Great days

You really can't go home again, in my case that is mostly true because someone purchase my house and seems to be happily living there. You can, however, visit friends and hang with children and spend a whole day with the nicest woman in America.

Seattle is such an interesting place right now. There remains the over blown glory of a recent economic power punch. There are buildings and stadiums and houses the size of a wal-mart, but there is also the after party gloom that maybe all this was built with not much. Maybe the money that flowed into the city like cocaine at a Lindsay Lohan birthday party was just that, a single evening in an uneventful life.

There are huge buildings, half built, standing around begging for attention. I saw two high heeled woman, teetering onto a ferry last night, clamoring for the same sort of attention and succeeding as well as the abandoned sky scrapers.

Here is what I have really discovered. Visiting old stomping grounds and saying hello to people I love.

Life is very short. To walk in some sort of misguided fear that someone might not want to hug you, or in my case, that someone might want to hug me, is silly. You learn lessons all the time if you treat life as something of an advanced course at a private elementary school.

No comments:

Post a Comment