Saturday, August 20, 2011

A breast man

It's true. While driving in Ohio yesterday I found myself starving, which is something I seem to find myself doing a lot more lately, for no real reason.

So there I was, in the beautiful countryside, and I could not for the life of me find a restaurant that was not some fast food crap palace, so I kept driving, all the while knowing I was in the midst of starving. Then I stumbled upon a fine little Mexican restaurant near Youngstown and stopped in.

Here is the deal, I can not longer eat gluton and I have to be seriously suspicious of all food that may or could have any sort of gluton product in, on or near it. True. So, I can not have, say, a burrito. Which is frustrating, because of for the first 27 years of my life, I lived on nothing more than burritos and cheap beer.

I ordered a sauteed chicken breast on rice. When it arrived it looked like it must have come from the Dolly Parton of chickens, because the breast covered the large plate. Even starving I ate about a quarter of it. Where does a breast like that actually come from? I looked it over, it was one piece of chicken. How could a single chicken even walk around with such a large breast?

Either way, it was delicious. Is there a point here? No. Well, maybe. Because I was paying attention to the other diners, who like me, had decided to avoid some fast food shit palace and eat instead at the largest breast of chicken Mexican restaurant place, I noticed that the food was in fairly large portions. What I also noticed was people ate a lot of it. I also noticed, and those of you who have read this blog before know what's coming, there were some profoundly enormous Americans eating these large portions of fairly decent Mexican food.

Portion control? Not in this place.

Which is ironic, because not just a couple hours earlier I was showing some short films to a group of marketing geniuses at one of the worlds greatest medical facilities in the world and during a short break one of these well groomed market whiz brilliant minds cornered me and we were talking and he asked me if I worked out and I said never and he said how did a man of my age keep such a flat stomach, and I believe I laughed out loud and I said, let's get back to the meeting.

Which is why, while eating one of the largest chicken breast in the history of the world, and packing it up in a take home box, I was thinking, portion control.

No comments:

Post a Comment