Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The birth of everything

I have been working this week in Philadelphia, no internet, barely a phone and life in a building 20 stories up. I was walking downtown this morning and the woman I was with said, "this is where it all started."

It's true too, well, I am sure it's kind of true. A lot of what the United States is and was came from Philadelphia. It is a great city, I get there enough to know my way around, I have a favorite cheap Chinese restaurant, and for me, that is how I define if I know a city or not.

In fact, let's see, I have a favorite cheap chinese restaurant in LA, San Francisco, Portland Oregon, Seattle, Amsterdam, New York, Albany, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Philadelphia, Baltimore and maybe more, but it is late, I have been driving and I am kind of tired.

There was a point here, something about history and Philadelphia, but I am disconnected and burnt out.

I will say this, I am incredibly angry with Apple Computer. That's right, on one hand I love me some Apple Computer, but this morning, I was editing my latest film project and I had all these wonderful edits in place, voice over here, beautiful shot there, telling moment and then, spinny wheel of death and everything was lost. I wanted to cry and throw my laptop across the room.

Instead, I went to work and forgot about it. But the job is on a deadline and I am going to be working to meet it. So much was in place, all coming together and my computer let me down. Of course, I could never edit anything creative on any other type of computer, so I will make peace with Apple and love it again, just not tonight.

I did get the best fortune cookie message last night. It said romance was coming my way. How nice is that? I am way overdue for some romance. I am all a twitter over the idea. I am not much of a romantic, in fact, I just noticed recently that I am a terrible date, not that I was on a date or anything, I was thinking about dates I have had over the past 20 years or so. What I realized is that on very rare occasions was I honest. I would date, sometimes more than once, with people I just did not like. I can only think of one time that I snuck out of restaurant when I realized my date was a complete bone head. In reality, I could have used that move many many times, which made me think about the quality of the people I have dated. Then again, I was married.

No comments:

Post a Comment