Sunday, November 14, 2010

Supporting Palin

I just got off the phone with a robot, who was kind enough to ask me who I would prefer to vote for in the 2012 presidential election. I was asked to press one for Romney, 2 for Huckabee, 3 for Gingrich, 4 for Palin, 5 for Obama and 6 for someone else. While I was tempted to go for 6, I chose Palin.


First off, Romney and his magic underwear scares me, as does Huckabee, Gingrich, Palin and someone else. While I am not a big Obama supporter, I do admire the republicans need to see him get re-elected. See, here is how we work things in America. You take a weak president, say Clinton second term, or more obviously, Reagan or Bush.2 second term. It seemed, at the time, that all three should have been easily beatable and all three got the second term they so cherished. Why? Because the opposing parties always follow the same rule, find the least electable candidate and run them for president against a weak president. Reagan got Mondale, Clinton Dole and Bush, that senator from Massachusetts, so unforgettable I forget him. Or her, I forget.

So, the republicans call and give me 4 choices for president in 2012. Four complete morons, compromised family values hypocrites and a very very stupid woman. How to chose who gets to lose to the sitting president? I picked Palin because, above all else, she is stupid and stupid people are fun to watch on TV. See, the best part of having Palin running for president is that she would have to act presidential. Imagine the hilarity of the debates, Miss Empty-Head just waiting to throw out a zinger, "gotcha" and the president, sounding smart and informed, only to be blindsided with, "well, there you go again."

So, my advice to you dear reader, is, if given a chance, go with Palin.

No comments:

Post a Comment