Saturday, November 27, 2010

A country of obese idiots

Because Hanukkah comes early this year, I ventured out into the vast desert of strip malls and boutiques to find some gift for my lovely babies. When I am out in public I am often shocked at my fellow Americans. I am not sure when we became such slow, fat and useless, but go anywhere and I promise the majority of the people will be, what a friend affectionately calls "Land Whales".

I was just looking for socks, so my interaction was limited. I did not spend a night parked in front of a store, I did not wake early, plan and position myself for the best deal. I just drove to a store, walked in and purchased socks. All around me were these cellphone talking, coffee drinking zombies.

Now, I am all for out of control gluttony as much as anyone can be, but seriously, do none of these people own a mirror or an honest friend? Honey, I do not need to hear your meaningless conversation while waiting in line to pay for some socks, I really don't. Plus, if you are going to share your lifes little secrets, could you at least lead a bit more interesting life? OK?

Here then, out of control, uncaring American Land Whales, lined up like sheep to slaughter, all for the possibility of purchasing what can honestly be called an unnecessary appliance of some sort. I wonder if sex shops have these same problems the day after thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment