Thursday, November 4, 2010

Election hope

I am kind of happy with the results of this past tuesdays election, although I could really care less. See, in my life, I have seen some decent presidents and some retarded presidents and neither has really done much to change my life in an meaningful way.

What I do like about the election results is now the republicans will now be responsible for actually doing something. Politics has always been something of a team sport, from the spectators (voters) to the players (the people who run for office) to the owners (big corporations). What is amazing to me is how silly it all has become. Seriously, while elections can be fun, for the most part, they don't really do all that much.

Now, I know people love the give and take of debates, but for me, it has all run its course. I'd much rather go fishing and I don't even like fishing. Speaking of fishing, I got the strangest call the other night.

Pot Smokin Bone Head calls me at around midnight my time, PSBH is never aware of time zones, so one can expect calls at the crack of dawn or midnight. PSBH called to ask me some serious questions. Since it was late, I told PSBH that I had to get some sleep, but instead of just letting me go, he had all sorts of arguments about why I should wake up and pay attention.

Instead, I laid the phone down next to my bed and dozed off. About 7 hours later I woke, saw the phone on the floor and remembered what had happened. The phone battery had died.

Which brings me back to the important type of question, if someone is sharing something important from their life with you, and you don't hear them, don't remember it or something else, did the conversation actually happen and was it important?

I, of course, have no answer, but it did make me think. I wonder what PSBH had to say that was so important, so necessary that I should stay awake to listen. I have yet to hear back, so if it was time sensitive, I missed the deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment