Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Blog up

Sometimes I guest blog for these other blogs. Sometimes it's OK. Sometimes it's not. I am subscribed to some email service or something, I get offers and stuff. What I try not to do is get anyone to guest blog here, because, well, fuck if I know, damn, what a stupid moron I turn out to be. I have been brain dead for weeks and I could have just advertised on those damn email shit letters I always get, have some bonehead in Austin step in for a while and just nap.

I really need to start drinking again.

Anyway, in these emails there are always tips on making your blog more blog worthy and when it gets down to it, that is something everyone should strive for, I know I do.

What tip I always see, predictability. Readers like to know what to expect. I was thinking about that, because I am a reader, I read all sorts of things, and it dawned on me, I hardly ever know what to expect, that's why I continue to read. If I got all the information in the first paragraph, why go on?

But, as I have sorely learned in the past couple of months, there really are people who know things that I just do not know.

So, readers, coming up, and believe me, telling your readers what to expect is a big part of keeping readers coming back. Jesus, I really should unsubscribe to that shit blogging email service. Because telling your readers of a new post and what to expect in it is something that keeps readers "interested."

Coming up this week. I hate this. I really do.

Compromise in the bedroom.

Houdini, pot, wine and cigarettes.

3 comments:

  1. Thank god Houdini is returning to these pages. He is the reason I return, well, one of the reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Compromise in the bedroom? I can hardly wait. Just so you know, I follow you on twitter and when you send a link, I check it out, so the old idea of posting updates and teasers is old school. Not sure what sort of email advice your are getting, but I'd unsubscribe. You have a good thing going here, don't let the experts fuck it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wtf? where are the new posts?

    ReplyDelete