Thursday, January 20, 2011

I'm a believer

I have always been a believer that on almost all levels, when you take a fall, you get back up.

Personally, I used to tell my children, that you will get knocked down on a variety of levels in life, that much is a given, the important lesson is always get back up.

So, when bad things have occurred, and they always seem to make an appearance, it is not just acknowledging them, but also bouncing back from them.

I have seen many people get smacked in life, whether it is job loss, relationship troubles or a dog getting hit by a car. In fact, I had a dog get hit by a car a few years ago, he was trapped under the cars muffler, and he was laying there and I could smell the fur burning from the heat of the muffler. So I reached under the car and grabbed his tail and pulled as hard as I could. He broke free, jumped up, his fur still smoldering, and ran to the house.

Strange things happen, but like he learned, get up, run for cover, find people who love you, heal and get outside to play again.

No comments:

Post a Comment