Monday, January 31, 2011

Following up

I have been trying to answer questions, which have turned out to be mostly relationship questions, and now, for some reason, people are following up.

For whatever reason I am swamped with emails. To the commenter who said they had emailed and I had yet to respond, I will get to it. In fact, I will post it here. I am not responding directly to emails anymore because you end up with these frantic, sad and sometimes traumatic dialogs with people you do not know.

Example? Well, just recently someone wrote to me about finding cancerous emails on a computer left open to a hookup site. I actually emailed that person back, did not hear and wrote about the email in this blog. I have now received a couple of emails, none of which I will get into here, but basically, he found all sorts of emails sent from his "partner" to other people, claiming he was happily single. All the while, in their committed relationship.

I said, yikes. We have exchanged emails back and forth, and then it hit me, I don't know this person from jack. For all I know, I am being yanked. For all I know, the creepy lover was sending me the emails as a hoax. For all I know it could just be some random person who wanted to create a dramatic situation that I would run with.

So, while I will continue to pour over emails and answer them here, in this blog, from time to time, I will do so believing that actual people are writing about actual things and hoping a completely disinterested third party might have a unique take on it. If the original letter is a hoax or prank, so be it. I can only, barely, control what I can control.

No comments:

Post a Comment