Friday, January 28, 2011

Not quite selling out

Last night I had a quick, but informative, meeting with a local real estate professional. My main reason for meeting was to determine if there was a market for real estate sales in my neighborhood.

A little background, my neighbor, Big Momma, is a very loud, very angry young woman. She appears to have dropped out of middle school, she has a baby that she screams at constantly and it does not matter what time of the day or night, she is angry and screaming. How do I know this? Sometimes I leave at 5 in the morning for a job and I swear every time I have been loading my car with cameras and equipment, I can hear her screaming at something.

So last night I was talking to the real estate person and I mentioned my neighborhood and he said, "are you anywhere near the angry woman?" Seriously, that was one of the questions. I was not sure he was talking about my angry neighbor, but once I told him the address, we were on the same page. First, he was familiar with my house, asked me all sorts of question on what has been done and what will be done before we put it on the market, and then he said that if angry Big Momma is screaming when we are showing it, we will never be able to sell it.

Interesting, right? Here we have someone completely removed from a possible sales situation and yet she has complete control.

No comments:

Post a Comment