Thursday, January 20, 2011

Snow

I realize that the posts are possibly a series of disjointed thoughts, but sometimes that is just the way it works.

It is snowing here today and a friend came by and said how he hates the snow. I was shocked, first because we both live in an area that gets snow and second, because I have lived in areas that do not and I think snow is OK.

Here is the thing, as we get older, we need to rest. Snow and winter kind of force that upon us. When I was a child, growing up in Southern California, we had month after month to play, swim, dance and so all sorts of outdoor things almost any time of the year. It was OK, but it was not great.

I like four seasons. Snow gives you a chance to spend time inside, read a book, watch a movie, hang out with friends. It allows you time. Think about that, because it seems to me, in this world, we hardly ever just take time. We are always doing something, if not actually doing something, then we are planning to do something. That said, I recently had some time off, where I was going to lay around the house and not accomplish anything. Instead, I ended up replacing a bathroom. Time is good, then again, so are bathrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment