Thursday, December 1, 2011

The problem with the internet



Professor TMI called me late last night to tell me that I have a problem. Like this would be news to me.

As many of you know, I am planning to ride across this country in the summer of 2012 on a bicycle of all things. Along with a small cadre of friends with cameras, camping equipment, food and water. Simple stuff really. To plan a ride, which includes logistics and all sorts of other expensive stuff, you need money, so I thought I could sell some paintings, post some information and ask people to join in on the various points along the map. You know, ride a day with Matt, that sort of thing.

So, if you pay attention to this site already a page or two is up selling paintings to fund the ride. That link is HERE and always right over there, on the side, with the Mergatroid Films logo, click it and it takes your right there. Clap your hands, stomp your feet, etc.

Professor TMI called to tell me that all my little secret pages were no so secret. See, they are not really secret, they are just the pages that are being put together that explain the ride, explain the purpose, the filming process, the logistics and the planning and how people can join in. Much of the pages are just blank or filler or mish mash pages, waiting patiently to be readied for public consumption. That is until Professor TMI did a little searching and found them, and read them to me last night via phone.

By the way, yes I got the email, and yes, I have known Professor TMI since my days at Yale, thank you very much for asking private questions. Professor TMI is really a professor, again, thank you for asking. Seriously, we moved to Pittsburgh following the good Professor, so stop with the questions.

So, I am going to rush to open the rest of the pages that explain everything about the Ride Across America. Not that there was ever anything to hide.

Which brings us all back to the paintings for sale, since the funds from the sale of those beauties will fund the ride, why not cruise right over THERE and check them out, because really, when you are thinking of a unique holiday gift, do you really want to go to Costco?

1 comment:

  1. Who is professor TMI? Is this someone who is real? What is real and what is "blog real"?

    ReplyDelete