Friday, May 20, 2011

The insane shoe defense



I knew this day would come.

Almost every morning I check a couple of sites to see what is happening in the world. This morning while I am reading the electronic front page of the New York Times a little yellow show began dancing in the lower left corner of my screen. This was the future I used to warn my friends about. Instead of finishing the article on Israels reaction to the presidents controversial speech, I started watching the dancing shoe.

A beautiful yellow shoe, it seemed to be talking to me, seducing me with both its structure and style. It swirled and pranced, the rest of the page faded to blank as my only focus was on the shoe. I had to have it. A primal power within me focused solely on that shoe, it must be mine. I clicked the ad. A second page dedicated to that shoe and it's variety of soft and sexy other colors appeared. Immediately I clicked on the yellow one, the original seductress. Again, a new page, now we were alone. For 110 dollars it would be mine. My mind reeling with the possibilities, but once I came back to reality, I knew in my heart that one pair could not ever be enough. I ordered 5. Later at checkout I changed it to 10.

Now I wait. I wait for those shoes. Ballet slippers in a variety of earth tones. My patience knows no bounds. I will wait. Shipping was free at the Jcrew catalog. I am waiting. I guess, since I am going to be waiting for a couple of days, I may as well go back to the New York Times site and check out what has happened in the world while I have been busy.

10 comments:

  1. Thank you, it's a gray Friday and I was worried I would not find a reason to smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 9AM, in the office, pretty shoe. Things are OK.

    Any word on the latest Flem campaign mishap?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do not get me started on shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so wrong that the link actually works to the Jcrew page. Do you get paid for that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. 100 bucks for those? Are you insane?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Must be Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How many kids does he have? Plus, married 27 happy years, and 12 not so happy years? Where do I sign up?

    ReplyDelete
  8. A dude buying those shoes at any price would have to be insane.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was gonna say the same thing, the part about it being Friday, cause I know for a fact, this blogger is so not gay.

    ReplyDelete