Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Family ties


I am plotting my summer break, because if anyone knows anything about summer breaks, it is not me, but I hope to know a lot more by August.

In planning my break, I thought of attending the annual Tulip and Book Festival in the small town of Oxford. Now, I hate flowers, more than most people hate hugging.

Do not get me started on the hugging thing. I knew this hideous monster out west who for whatever internet reason felt a need to hug me whenever we saw one another. Now, it was not just that she tended to wear these flowing dresses meant to hide the underbrush of whatever it was growing in the far reaching territory of her body, but it was also the organic and all natural smell that emanated from each and every crevice, of which there were plenty.

It has never been about the hugging, it's always about hugging the individual.

Anyway, that is obviously neither here not there. When traveling to Oxford there are few if any real places a family can stay. I was going to stay at the classic hotel, The Brinkman, but apparently it exploded a couple of weeks ago. Seems that over the winter some meth heads took over the basement, set up an industrial sized lab and let it explode as spring set it.

I called Bronkmans, at least I think it's Bronkmans. See, as many of you have surmised, I am completely unable to focus.

Now would be as good of a time as any, starting June 1, and for most of the summer, this blog will be posting/hosting a chapter a day of Branson, the very worst detective crime novel ever. The nice thing, you get the novel for free, the other nice thing, it too will have some little links embedded just for fun and the exceptionally nice thing, I will not be writing anything for the summer.

3 comments:

  1. I hate to complain, mostly because I have not donated or anything, but I logged on her yesterday and today and there were no new posts and now, there are these, really, kind of after thoughts, right?
    You do need a break. Look at the output over the last 6 months. It is remarkable. You have hinted that you are ailing. I would love for you to post amazing, insightful, funny posts daily/hourly but I also think you might need some time to breath and enjoy.
    Those of us who love what you do will be patient. Rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that Larry Fein? I can not be the only one who knows about Larry Fein. That alone should be worthy of a blog post. Larry has so much explaining to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God I hope there are Larry Fein stories.

    ReplyDelete