Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mightly big pipe


We are a culture overly sensitive about the size of our infrastructure. The picture to the right is a large truck containing some impressive pieces of pipe. When I passed it this morning I thought how fun it is to live in a country where you can see such examples of our greatness on a daily basis.

Then as I passed the truck, the trucks driver leaned out his window, flipped me the bird and screamed "if you Jews would stay out of my pocket, the whole place wound be better off."

Seriously.

So I wrote down the pipe company name, mostly because I thought that the driver might be a tad bit insane. Really I get yelled at all the time. If not for being a drunken Native American, then for my Polish ancestors, if people hear my accent, they immediately mock me because I sound Australian, if they see me in a kilt, 9 times out of 10 I get beaten up for being a man in a dress and the other time I get spit on for being a damn Scot. My African American brothers and sisters regard me as a traitor because I no longer go by my African name, Baxter. I felt it was holding me back, I'm sorry.

Honestly, I can deal with a little hatred now and then.

But a big pipe driving trucker? So I called the Zippo Pipe Bending offices.

A brutish young woman answered, or at least I thought it was a woman, because soon into our negative and overly angry conversation I believe I said something to the effect of, "Ma'am, would it be OK if I spoke to your supervisor?" And he/she said, "oh, I ain't no Ma'am mother fucker..." and hung up.

This is the sort of person I have to deal with and all I wanted to do was bring an end to the highway anti-Jew.

Well, I did call back and then the manly woman answered, I diverted the call by using a fake accent, Australian thank you very much, and asked to speak to whomever might be in charge of drivers. She/he paused for a second and said, "fool, you ain't thinks we gots caller ID, dumb mother fucker." She hung up again. Foiled.

So I did what any modern right thinking American would do, I quickly got online, went to the company website (a little risque for my tastes) and send a quick email to Mr. Zippo, owner of the Zippo Pipe Design company. Hah, so much for "you want our hands on your pipe" customer support Mr. Zippo.

21 comments:

  1. If I need PR in a pinch, Tingle PR will be the first place I call. Oh, wait, they have no phone number. Then again, neither does Zippo Pipe. Interesting.
    BTW, Fucking funny links.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom Cruise

    “Not gay since 1990.”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesus, some days this blog is a balloon of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zippo Pipe Company needs to hire a new person to answer the phones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummm, that is some mighty big pipe you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saw that one coming. So to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, without sounding like a moron, Zippo is a fake company, right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sound like a moron to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, if you start by saying you don't want to sound like a moron, chances are you are about to start sounding like a moron.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonder where they were going to lay that pipe. Awfully big pipe, could be dangerous if they attempted to lay it too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank god you people ran with the lay pipe jokes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "You want our hands on your pipe."

    You have a future in marketing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, what big pipe you have.

    ReplyDelete
  14. More links, oh man, do I want more links. The PR agency one is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LTK will have all my legal needs, if I ever have any. They seem legit.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OK, we voted, more links.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yeah, this I would have said no to.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Any way you ever date someone who adores your writing?

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wish I could get paid for laying pipe.

    ReplyDelete