Monday, May 16, 2011

The Paisley Tie

Even though today is an informal day for me at work, I am wearing a red paisley tie, not so much to impress my co-workers, a group of people who show disdain for me in a new way on a daily basis. No, I am wearing this tie to honor my fallen brothers and sisters.

Falling is never easy or fun, but the ironic thing is, it is often funny. This morning, wearing my paisley tie of memory, I was crossing Grant Avenue and a pesky little brick jumped right out of its place and tripped me. I splattered across the crosswalk. I'd imagine I will have some scratching and possibly some bruising, but mostly my ego has been damaged by the sneers and laughter from the car dwelling populace.

Of course, because I am a genetic link to neanderthal man, I immediately jumped to my feet, forgetting the pain and humiliation, grabbed my briefcase, my cup of spilled coffee and my now cracked cell phone. I briskly walked to the corner, nothing to see here, no injuries, nothing, move about your daily business.

I am not sure where the paisley tie came from.

A couple of days ago I was in the closet, and let me stop right there and demand that phrase back from the gays. Dammit, you see how the gays continue to ruin everything? Why, just this past saturday I had a gay old time. But I can not tell you I had a gay old time. Nor can I mention that I lit a fag while having a gay old time. Or that at some point a very queer man approached me and questioned how I was able to continuously have a gay old time while lighting fags.

See what I mean? Dear Gay Mafia, we need some words back for the sake of this blog, plus, I need to admit I was in the closet looking for clothes, without sounding like I was hiding my sexual preference, which I would never do, ask my wife, Beardy McBeardsly, whom, if you know anything, I purchased on the now defunct website, drunkenirishlasses.com.

There I was, stuck in the closet, trying to find a tie to wear and the paisley seemed to call my name. I had never seen the tie before. Now, recently, I was getting dressed and there was this pair of underwear type of device in my underwear drawer, a pair of some sort of jock strap, underwear mix that I never had seen before, and for the life of me, I have no idea where it could have come from, but there it was, so I figured like anyone else would, in such a situation, that those kinky freaky functionless undies were mine, which they most certainly were not, but I put them on and wore them then entire uncomfortable day. Just to prove a point. I think.

Many decades ago, during a terrible argument with a very dear friend, I made a decision that has haunted me ever since. I decided that this great and smart person could not longer be my friend. So I decided to walk away. As I was leaving, for whatever reason, I grabbed a paisley tie and put it in my pocket. Then, for many years, I would sometimes wear the tie on interviews or to work. I would cherish it as a token of a lost friendship that seemed to have boundless potential. The tie was my link to a life changed in an instant.

The paisley tie I am wearing today is probably not the same tie. That paisley tie would have had to survive a lifetime of abuse in just 10 years. No, this tie, much like the undies of no known ownership, is a tie left here to both torment and ornament me. Today, while serving as ornamentation, it decided to change things up and cross me up in an intersection. While I could be more of a man and not blame the tie, instead I will just say this, the paisley tie can be found in the public garbage can at Grant and Sixth Avenue, wear it at your own risk.

15 comments:

  1. Re-post that comment. Please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not bad, I am starting to understand your process and Mondays are a low expectation day. I will expect more on Wednesday and Thursday should be a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gays steal everything. First the word gay, then marriage, next thing you know, a gay president, other than GW Bush, who always struck me as a flamer. Plus, he was obviously married to a man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, I ran down to 6th and Grant and no tie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey stupid fuck, you believe everything on this blog? You think there are a shitload of Becky's and a boatload of Trannies? What's wrong with you? Some people are too stupid to be allowed to vote.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why do your anonnomous commentators feel like they can attack one another? "Stupid fuck" Really? I have never met this blog writer, but my guess is he does have a lot of "Becky's" and it would not surprise me to know of someone who has a boatload of Trannies. Heck, I don't live in a major city, I've been married for over a decade and I go to church every sunday and I have three Tranny friends, so above poster, watch your mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh church and marriage AND tranny friends, you must be so proud. Here is a suggestion, go fuck yourself.
    I love how in your demented world going to church and being married has somehow made you normal, and the fact that Mr. Normal has 3, yes 3 count em, tranny friends, well, that just makes everything perfect.
    Fuck you again.
    God damned religious fucks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really? Lurking much? Hey angry fuck poster, give it a break and go lurk at some other blog for a week or more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The language in the comments is disgusting. Clean it up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just saw a guy wearing a paisley tie that looked a little worn and I was thinking, I wonder if thats THE tie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. May as well come out of the closet if you are wearing paisley ties.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am wearing a paisley tie right now and lusting after a hot guy down the hall. I wonder what my wife would say about this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Paisley really is gay. Might as well have an ear ring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do not think wearing a paisley tie has the power to turn an otherwise straight man gay.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It does, every man I have ever known who wore a paisley tie is now gay.

    ReplyDelete