Monday, May 23, 2011

The joy of weakness

Oh I hear your complaints, not enough sleep, or food, or sex. It's what you do, complain. Now, me? I never complain. I am happy to be here, to be able to dance and make fajitas and watch bad movies.

I was thinking about this while I was having a cupcake at my new favorite place for cupcakes, but I can not mention the name for two reasons. One is that if I mention the name it will be flooded with goofballs and idiots, make that more goofballs and idiots and lord knows, I have more than my fair share of goofballs and idiots in my life right now.

There were a couple of well dressed women sharing a cupcake when I first sat down. Of all the cupcake places in America, why did these two loud mouth morons have to pick my new favorite place?

Which got me to thinking about the space shuttle. How come, whenever politicians talk about budget cuts they never ever talk about the money spent on space travel? Why is this the one program that remains off limits? Oh, they can cut Medicare and road safety and lord knows they have already cut funding for bike lanes, but you ask them to stop buying 10 thousand dollar boxes of tissues for astronauts and everyone goes silent.

Strange.

So there I was, about to polish off one of the best cupcakes that the good lord sweet jesus ever made and this loud brash and decidedly uncupcake worthy woman looks over at me, catches my eye, catches me catching her catch my eye and looks at me with disgust and spits out some cupcake while she spews, "what in fuck are you lookin at?"

What indeed I wanted to say. Instead, I took a large bite of my vanilla bean cupcake and said, "flarm phlemple clammer tamjoe."

That right there may be the real reason that candidates like Tim Pawlenty an Jasper Flem are showing so much promise. See people are tired and angry, more angry that tired, and those are the ones not on some sort of medication. I called my ex this morning and said, "honey, what were those pills that seemed to make you so happy when we were together?" The answer? "Birth control pills."

Another reason ex always appears before her name. I could go on and if you know anything about this blog is is that rest assured, I will. But not right now, because first I have to get to my Yoga class and after that, I need to get my muffler repaired. You know, in a perfect world, you would be able to do both at the same time. Am I right, or am I right?

6 comments:

  1. It's always about the cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vagine? Seriously? If it's Vagine, it's monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Tuesday morning, I need a new post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My patience grows thin. Unless you are very sick, I am sorry, but I demand a new post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. New post. Way over due.

    ReplyDelete