Sunday, February 6, 2011

I get email

Yes, I do get your email and no, I do not want to offer you one of my snide little responses.

I actually got a couple of letters this morning asking if I would be interested in doing some email reading and answering. I did not respond, mostly because I do not respond to people I do not know. That said, I am also running out of time in my busy life to spend helping people who could easily seek real professional help.

Me? I know nothing about almost everything. Heck, I can't repair a bicycle. Even worse? My car needs window washing fluid and I can't for the life of me figure out how to open the hood. You think I am the sort who can help you in your personal life?

A few years ago, many years ago at this point, I wrote some drama. I was paid to write funny scripts for a TV show, and on the side I wrote some sort of play that I thought was dramatic, but when I showed it to one of the producers, she thought it was the funniest thing she had ever seen. I did not bother to tell her how heartfelt it was and how painful it had been to write. She laughed. Laughing is good and for the most part I think all drama should be comedy, in one form or another.

That said, sometimes we all have real drama in our lives and at those point, and trust me, they are few and far between, but when in the midst of drama of any sort, do what the producer did, see it from a different angle and it becomes funny.

A friend in California recently called me to tell me that his wife was leaving him because she found out about the singer he had been seeing. He wanted me to feel sorry for him, but all I could think of was, a-must be nice to have at least two women willing to sleep with him, and b-having the wife leave him sure will free up his dating time.

See?

So, no, I will not engage in some email therapy. I am kind of over the idea that I could actually help anyone else.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What happened to the comments? Someone hurt the administrators feelings?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd pay to know what the deleted comments are. Repost.

    ReplyDelete