Monday, February 14, 2011

Nonsense and money and UPS

OK, I read some of the complaints in the comments and I get some in email and I will answer.

First though, last week Sketchy the Addict sent a package to my house, but I was not there to not sign for it. I checked online and UPS was nice enough to inform me that the package had come from Sketchy the Addict. The UPS website allows people to send a package back without ever seeing a driver. We did that. This morning I got an email from UPS, Sketchy the Addict got the package back. What a wonderful Valentines Gift, not for Sketchy the Addict, who deserves a bag of poo, no for my family. See, Sketchy never was the person he pretended to be. Sketchy was and always will be an accomplished actor in some sort of Pinter absurdist drama. Either way, Sketchy, whatever was in the package, keep it. It is all you will get from us.

Now, about those obnoxious advertisements showing up on the site. First, there has been a bit of a trade off. I know we are getting more people reading this blog, I can tell not only from the number of emails I keep getting, but also because I can track the numbers. So, thank you for reading this blog and stop complaining.

See, just last week I was asked, again-I might add, if I might promote this crappy website that sells crappy stuff to presumably crappy people. I warned the readers, who started sending me emails begging me not to subject them to crappy stuff that I do not create. Then the crappy website sent me an email offering just a tiny bit of cash for the honor of appearing on this website. I wrote back and told them there were a couple of zeros missing from their offer. This sort of dialog may have gone on for a while, but I would not know, I blocked them from emailing me, something they now have in common with Sketchy the Addict.

So, as a way to get a little bit of money coming in, I answered a request from Google to put advertisements on these pages. The gods of google are always finding new ways for them to make money and for every dollar they turn into profit, I get something like negative 12 cents. So we all win.

Another email person asked if I would be answering any more relationship questions. The short answer is yes. The longer answer is possibly. I have a bunch of emails from people in pain, ending this, starting that, seeking cures for something, wishing the itching would stop (and these are just recent conquests of Sketchy the Addict, joking, no all).

So, yes, there is a backlog and feel free to email anything you might want to add to this blog. As you can see, it is a work in progress, although I have been writing these damn things for almost 3 years now. I was reviewing my old website last night and found some interesting posts about Bozo the overweight clown, which I may repost. There was even one about the younger Sketchy the Addict, long before I realize Sketchy was indeed sketchy.

So, get out there and spend money on fake Valentines gifts, and do me a favor, if your relationship hits the chocolate highway in the next day or two, write me an email, because my guess is Valentines Day is as responsible for ending relationships as it is for procreation. Just a guess.

14 comments:

  1. I smell a novel. Sketchy the addict? I have know so many Sketchy addicts that I feel like I should write one. I love that UPS allows you to reject a package via the web.
    Can you please interview Sketchy the Addict and post it on here? I want to know more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are you able to get gifts from a sketchy addict and I can't get my husband to buy be a Valentines Day present? Can you give me Sketchy the Addicts number, I'd take any gift at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if Sketchy the Addict reads these posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know about 3 Sketchy the Addict. Even when they get clean, they just can not bring themselves to be healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found this blog, and I love Sketchy. Please interview Sketchy or something, just for more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My guess is the Sketchy has been issued a restraining order or something.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wait, is Sketchy a real person?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think Sketchy is a mix of a few different people.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this post, I am not sure why, but when someone goes to the trouble to UPS a package and you send it back, it's such a sweet moment to know they wasted time, effort and money.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Dead to me" is one of those sayings that the shallow and retarded use. Can I place a bet? Sketchy the Addict is a frequent reader of this blog. Just a guess.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Got this link from a Yahoo search. Holy shit. I have known a couple of Sketchy addicts and I hate them

    ReplyDelete