Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Light it up

A letter:

"Last summer I broke up with my boyfriend (I'm gay) mostly because I felt like he was not really into me, which translated into me not being into him. So, I took some time off the whole dating thing and I am now feeling frisky. My issue, that only you can solve is this, I like to smoke some weed, and my last boyfriend was totally an anti-drug and for the entire relationship I had to sneak a smoke. Here's the deal, I love to be a little high when I am sexing it up. I can't hide anymore. Now, I do not want to date wake n bake stoners, I just need a hot guy who does not have issues with a little smoke before, well, bed. Suggest?"

Dude.

I am so high right now, I lost what I was gonna say.

OK, simple answer is be honest and up front. However it is you gays meet one another, bars, clubs, online, heck like anyone else meets anyone I guess. So, let's say you post a profile on some dating site, the gay version of Match or something, and somewhere on there, mention you like a little sheeba, or whatever it is you kids call MaryJane.

The problem with first dates and meeting new people is we all put on our best clothes, our best attitude and pretend we have no baggage, because quite honestly, no one wants to date someone wearing funky dirty clothes, smelling like mold and talking endlessly about the loser they recently broke up with.

Plus, those of us across the table on a first date are paying attention and looking for those obnoxious red flags. For me, you saying you like a little bud not and then would not be a deal breaker, in fact for me, someone saying they are super clean and super sober would lead me to jump up, run like hell and never look back, but that's just me.

Here is my advice. Be honest. You like to smoke before sex, put that in a profile, put that on your t-shirt put that into the conversation while dating. The best part, your honesty will scare off the people with hang ups and issues. It will also attract someone who will either join you in a pre-sex smoke, or not care that you do.

1 comment: