Thursday, February 24, 2011

Welcome back

If I were as eloquent as Donald Rumsfeld, I would say, there are something I know, somethings I think I know and somethings I will never know.

That said, a few years ago I could stand naked in front of a mirror, something men should not really do after the age of about 22, and I would look at my bruised body. The vast majority of the time, I would not know where the bruises came from, what had happened to cause them and why there always seemed to be so many is different places.

I was just downstairs in the gym in my work building, doing a long endurance training. How long? I watched the entire film Taken while running and lifting weights. When finished I stripped down for a shower and of course, modern gym and all, there was a floor to ceiling mirror. I stopped to look over my aging, sweaty body and I was shocked. Bruises, shoulders, uppper legs, even one on my back.

Welcome back bruises. I missed you, this time I have a better understanding of where you come from. I will give you 84 days, then we must part.

3 comments:

  1. Body bruises and you have no clue where they come from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should see a doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drink much? You should get help. I used to do the same thing, pass out drunk somewhere and you look in the mirror and black and blue. Get help.

    ReplyDelete