Friday, April 1, 2011

Charging for content

After consulting my law team and my super new high tech assistant, we have instituted a pay as you read program.

Starting tomorrow, no, make that today, in fact, right now, starting right now, as you read this, you will be charged for reading and loving this content.

Because we want money, we are changing one dollar a word. So this sentence you are choosing to read right now is costing you upwards for 57 dollars, plus or minus a dollar, depending on how long I can meander.

The reasons for this new pricing structure are two fold. First fold, we like money, second fold, which I find more attractive than the single fold, is that it's about time you people paid for something.

Sure, content is king, but cash is, well, king like, except it's not. Keep reading, I have a child to send to college.

Now, you are probably asking yourself right about now, how the hell can this blog get away with this. That is a good question, one you should email to me immediately, because guess what? Emailing me a question now costs 17 dollars. So email now, and often.

If I have to answer the email? 273 dollars. If I post your letter in here and follow it up with a detailed and well thought out response? 2700 dollars.

See how it works?

Now, since you have read this entire post, you will find a charge to your registered debit card somewhere in the range of $5679.48 for the use of this blog, the thought of emailing and the choice of Apple as your preferred computer.

There are a few other things I need to point out, but unfortunately, you card is not processing. These were important things too, things you would need on a daily basis, things you would be able to brag about. But, again, you don't have the cash on hand. Sorry. Of course, you could just send the cash....

7 comments:

  1. You should pay us to read this garbage. No, but seriously, I just noticed my debit card was charged 5879.54 - how did you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. People are willing to pay for content, but it should at least be spelled correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I charge for all the nonsense you post via Twitter? I'd be rich by now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really should find a way to get us suckers who check this blog daily to pay something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can we determine how much we should pay? Maybe by how often we smile? Or nod our heads when you tae down a letter writer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. April Fools right? I mean, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd pay, where do I throw the nickel?

    ReplyDelete