Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Why Twitter is retarded

Every now and then I accidentally tweet, almost always about some stupid post I have added to this here blog. It's a dirty cycle, but I do it because, A- I like dirty cycles and 3- it is a decent way to get someones attention who is sitting at their desk, wondering if today is the day to try that new salad.

The strangest thing about Twitter is that people start following you, which if done in public and this I know for a fact, can get your punched right in the eye. On Twitter people follow because they love you, or so I thought. Instead, sometimes they follow because another nimrod is following you. Normally this would not bother me, but today (sellhousefastlondon-I'm talking to you) a so called follower has pissed me off.

Sure, I am shallow, I think that is pretty obvious. Sure, I am one of gods chosen people, so what, I still mingle with the not-so chosen people. No, Twitter is allowing people from non-English speaking countries to listen in on what is my private dialog. Hey sellhousefastlondon, leave me and the rest of the English speaking world alone. We no longer like you.

That all said, sellhousefastlondon came to me because he/she and I share a Twitter follower. Now, I check these things, because I, like you, do not want mean/bad/stupid people following me, here, there or anywhere (thank you Dr. Seuss).

I will not follow Matt today
I will not follow him, no way.
I will not follow him at all
I will not follow him in Fall.

I will not follow Matt on twitter
I will not become old and bitter.
I like when people make dumb posts
I like the ones on Becky the most

I will not link to posts on Matts blog
I do not know that Beth's a dog
I should not follow you to lunch
Because that could lead to a facial punch.


So who do sellhousefastlondon and I share in common? Wayofthewizard.

Seriously. I am retarded.

11 comments:

  1. Damn, two funny posts, and I just commented on the first one and this one appeared. You must be busy somewhere.
    Me? I have work to do, but please keep posting, I come back and read them way too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I followed your tweet to come read this, now I feel retarded.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will never follow a tweet of yours again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twitter is for lonely and pathetic losers. Except my tweets, those a priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still like Boston baked beans, do you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This just in, Twitter is sugar candy for no attention span idiots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nocternal emission.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that I followed a Twitter link to read this post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Twitter is great, but if you send me one more tweet telling me to come here and then there are no naked pics, I swear I am going to lose it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wayofthewizard follows you? Oh, he is so cool, everyone on Twitter likes him.
    Seriously, get out of high school and get a job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Twitter is not retarded, the people who use it extensively are.

    ReplyDelete