Saturday, April 23, 2011

Dusty streets

It's always amazing when the wind blows and the rain falls
I sense that the time is floating, almost pushing gravity
She said she wanted to walk through the garden
I told her I was afraid of vegetables and she smiled.
We held hands then, and I felt at peace.

The times when the brass band would play I found distressing.
People were concerned, but kept their distance,
which was both strange and comforting.
The dancer told me that I needed to sweat,
and for a moment, I believed.

There comes a time when you fall and do not get up,
there comes a time.
Cracked and dusty lips, a harmonica
and yet no one can hear me.

Kiss me with your country mouth and tell me a lie
the rain is bending leaves and the sound it makes sounds like applause
which is inspiring.

There is a pain that runs through you like a dull knife cutting fresh bread
sometimes I like it, reminding me that I used to feel tall.
Sometimes when I am overwhelmed I dwell on disasters.

The wet grass, on my bare feet feels comforting.
I wish it was always so simple, but there is a storm that threatens.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that is beautiful. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same as above, great stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I told her I was afraid of vegetables and she smiled."

    So cute.

    ReplyDelete