Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Comments I believe

Someone just emailed me a comment from this very blog, which is kind of like kissing your sister, or something similar.

There is a first time for everything and this is the first time someone has emailed me a comment from my very own blog.

In a recent post I must have written about some sort of cheater, I think I got a letter from someone who was cheating on some partner and the rest I forget, but this comment was kind of amazing.

I do not read all the comments posted on this blog, so sometimes I don't know what is being said and why. So, when I get an email from anyone regarding comments, it seems most of the time it is someone complaining about language or that a comment seems particularly mean. Then someone emailed me this:

So, if you are in a relationship and supposedly monogamous and you hook up with a stranger and enjoy it, so you hook up again and at some point you start enjoying the stranger more than your lover and then you realize you fell in love with the stranger, don't you step back to think that if the stranger is aware at all he will realize that even if you leave your long term lover and move in with the stranger, that you are the type of person who fools around on committed partners and he will know in his heart that sooner or later, no matter what your agreement ends up being, you will fool around on the stranger, because that is the type of person you are, right?

All one sentence, which is impressive. In fact, now that I think about it, maybe it's poetry. Let me try something. Here:

So, if you are in a relationship and supposedly monogamous
and you hook up with a stranger and enjoy it,
so you hook up again and at some point you start enjoying the stranger more than your lover
and then you realize you fell in love with the stranger
don't you step back to think that if the stranger is aware at all
he will realize that even if you leave your long term lover
and move in with the stranger
that you are the type of person who fools around on committed partners
and he will know in his heart that sooner or later
no matter what your agreement ends up being
you will fool around on the stranger
because that is the type of person you are, right?


I say good comment.

5 comments:

  1. Can you link back to the original comment and what the comment was directed to?

    BTW, spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that comment and wondered what it was meant for, you know, one long run on sentence and all. I do like it though, especially in the context of the original post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like it as poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The comment itself is so true. I never understood a married person who has an affair and then leaves their husband/wife for the affair, because the affair is the one who was aware what a cheater they were dealing with, the husband/wife/partner being the one in the dark. Then, the affair becomes the husband/wife/partner all the while knowing the sort of person they are dealing with. This has never made sense to me.

    ReplyDelete